Tuesday 4 December 2012

After having pains under my rib cage on the right, and then turning a strange yellow colour that first made me look like Hommer Simpson, and then when my eyes turned yellow, i  just looked evil, I went to the doctors, after blood tests, I went to the hospital.

A week in hospital with expected gallstone issues,  (at 38 there was really nothing else it could of been) each test seemed to get more serious, each scan seemed more scary, the first scan was a ultra scan, the last one i was injected with a blue dye and I laid in a tube. 

They found it! The doctors came around the ward every morning, this morning they seemed to be more doctors than usual.

Each morning the doctor and the student doctors walk around each bed and say what is wrong with each patient, and the outcome.

When they got to me, they did the usual of pulling the curtains around the bed for privacy, but that's where it changed, there was a pause, they said do I want to know the results there, or else where.

I guess I knew that there was something wrong at this point, the doctor sat down on the bed, and told me they have found a lump on the pancrease.

I jumped up, and walked up and down, which due to the curtain been closed, was not much space, and five doctors been around the bed, my walking was not that far, the doctors opened the curtain and left.

Shock, Your head trys and fillters information, i stud in the hallway a nurse came, she was talking to me I told her that I can't have cancer,  my parter and i have just bought an house, life is good, we are moving In in the next few months.

In the next day or two I was told it was pancreatic cancer, I had never heard of it, I was calling it pacreasic for at least a week. I was told it was aggressive and I was lucky to be able to have an opperation, if that opperation was a success, and if it had not spread, then there is a 20 percent chance it may not come back.

My blog is about my new life now, part documentation part therapy, every time I have written a blog in the past it's never lasted more than one post! I hope this one lasts a long time.






No comments:

Post a Comment