Wednesday 6 August 2014

Response from Mr Nick Clegg

Last month i wrote a public letter to my MP, Mr Hillary Benn regarding attending a debate at parliament on pancreatic cancer. I have not got a response from Mr Benn, but a friend (Lisa) also sent a email to Mr Nick Clegg and had a response, thank you very much for spending time and sending this Lisa, and for Mr Lord Clifton been involved in the APPG group, and for Mr Clegg's response.

http://pancreaticcanceraction.org/what-we-do/goals/party-parliamentary-group-appg-pc/

This was Mr Clegg's response:


Thank you for your letter regarding pancreatic cancer, and I am sorry to hear about how it has affected people that you know. 

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the debate on the 8th September due to other commitments, but I support the work that Pancreatic Cancer UK, as well as other charities, does to raise awareness about this type of cancer. 

Additionally, my Liberal Democrat colleague Lord Clifton is a member of the APPG group, and he will be working within Parliament to make sure this serious issue gets the attention it deserves. Thank you again for your letter, and I wish Carl Denning the best of luck in his fight against pancreatic cancer.

If you wish to discuss this issue in person please contact my office on 0114 2309002 to set up a meeting.

Yours sincerely,
Nick Clegg MP

I am still in hope that Mr Benn will be involved on the 8th September, and if I do get a reply will be puting the response on this blog.




3 comments:

  1. If you would like to write to your MP about this and invite them on the 8th September you can find who your MP is via this link
    http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reply from Mr Benn:

    Dear Mr Denning
    Thanks for your email and I apologise for the delay in replying.
    I am very sorry to hear about your situation and I hope the treatment continues to have an impact on your pancreatic cancer. It is really important that we do all we can to find a way to beat this and other diseases.
    I will try and look in to the debate but unfortunately as a member of the shadow cabinet I am unable to speak - a colleague from our health team will, however, do so.
    If there is anything you feel I can do to hep, then please get in touch
    Best wishes
    Hilary Benn


    Sent from my iPad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so super excited that streaming Beachbody in-home workout videos just became possible, so I wanted to share with anyone who might be interested!

    Cook at Foods to Avoid During Cancer Treatment foods.

    ReplyDelete